Clara Amonia Odu
Bonny Vocational Centre
Head of Human Resources who adapts well to change and possesses extensive expert knowledge of human resources employment process within a variety of industries. Experienced Human Resources professional with strong learning and development, leadership and relationship-building capabilities.
- Highly organized
- Workforce planning
- Human resources policies
- Organisational Development
- Employment laws and practices
- Grievance resolution
- Employee coaching
- Recruitment / Staffing
- Performance management systems
HEAD HUMAN RESOURCES, 10/2014 to Current
BONNY VOCATIONAL CENTRE – BONNY ISLAND, NIGERIA
- Designed and Facilitated career talk for post advanced diploma graduates of BVC
- Designed and facilitated the on-boarding training of new hires of Bonny Vocational Centre,Bonny Utility Company and other community projects.
- Initiated and Design/facilitated leadership training session for supervisors and other supportstaff toenhance leadership skills.
- Develop programs and events for the Centre activities – e.g Open day, Prom night, Graduationceremony etc.
- Oversee the general welfare of staff
- Direct organizational catering operations for staff, students, projects, and other services
- Formulate policies, procedures and programs for recruitment, testing, placement, classification,orientation, benefits and compensation, and labor and industrial relations.
- Developing and implementing personnel policies and procedures.
- Networked with industry contacts, association memberships and associates for possible learning and development business relationships.
- Hired employees and initiated the new hire paperwork process.
- Made salary adjustments and managed contract renewals and promotions.
- Led the creation of recruiting plans for all open positions.
- Coordinated meetings, developed meeting content and presented all human resources law updates.
- In cooperation with NLNG HSEQ department - Coordinate Basic HSE pre-boarding trainingfor all their contractors.
- Initiated and effectively managed a loan scheme for the Centre
- In conjunction with NLNG Learning Centre, Manages all approved employee training and development needs.
- Analyze, Plan, develop, and provide training and staff development programs, using knowledge of the effectiveness of
- methods such as classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, and workshops.
- Prepare training budget for department or organization.
- Assess educational needs of staff and develop instructional materials.
CENTRE SECRETARY, 05/2009 to 10/2014
BONNY VOCATIONAL CENTRE – BONNY ISLAND, NIGERIA
- Organise/attend board meetings, take minutes, develop agendas in agreement with Director
- Develop/modification of Centre Organizational Chart and company policies.
- Maintains records through filling, retrieval, retention, registering any documents including forms, returns and applications.
- Monitoring /tracking the approval /dissemination of training advance to staff for external training purposes and other logistic issues.
- Coordinate special events ( In-house/outdoor events), office activities and committee meetings
- Coordinate logistics for visitors, staff (International /Local travels) via SAP software. e.g. Boat, Flight, Hotel and Vehicle bookings/reservations)
- Receiving of Incoming letters/ drafting responses to letters as requested by the management.
- Processes /prepares letters for Students admission and registration documents / deferments issues and other centre activities and distributing to stakeholders and grassroots.
- Development of management reports, sponsor's weekly reports and controls.
- Materials and stationery management.
- Planned and executed all aspects of office relocations, vehicle movements/ office allocation.
- Managed executive calendar and coordinated weekly project team meetings.
- Oversaw inventory and office supply purchases.
EXECUTIVE PROJECT SECRETARY, 04/2003 to 05/2009
TSKJ NIGERIA LIMITED – BONNY ISLAND, NIGERIA
- Plan and attend all senior management meetings/ documents minutes
- Manage all company’s correspondence, technical documentation database and project information using Documentum Software tool.
- Interface between management levels within the organization, Client and Subcontractors.
- Providing secretarial and administrative support to the Project Directors, Project Managers and team.
- Maintaining the TSKJN Policy Manual, Project Directive, organizational charts, maintaining up-to-date Procedure and keeping the executive informed of changes;
- Manage logistics ( Local & international) and organization of the Weekly Client Meeting;
- Coordinating and facilitating the executive’s calendar to arrange appointments, Meetings.
- Establishing and maintaining various filling and records management system
- Conduct regular audits ensuring all Project information is filled correctly (both electronically and hard copy) and accounted for, based on the project register. Effective and efficient organization of office activities
- composing letters and memoranda, ensuring that each correspondent has the correct document reference in response to incoming mail and calls.
- Training other staff in office policies and procedures in order to ensure all templates used within the Company/ department conform to Company standard.